CLASS SERVICE HOURS
You can acquire community service hours for a behavioral science or humanities class either by attending a weekly outreach or by volunteering with an outside organization or one of ORU's Volunteer Outreach partners.
VOLUNTEERING WITH AN ORU SCHEDULED WEEKLY OUTREACH
1. Attend one of ORU’s 15 Weekly Outreaches (see the full list here)
2. Fill out the online Documentation of Service Hours Form here
3. Double check that you have received the confirmation email and keep a copy of it for your records!
IMPORTANT: EACH time you serve, you must fill out ONE online service hour form. Please do not fill out ONE form for the entire semester. By the end of the semester you should have filled out approximately 3-5 forms or however many that add up to the total number of hours needed for your class.
VOLUNTEERING WITH AN OUTSIDE ORGANIZATION OR WITH AN ORU COMMUNITY PARTNER
1. Choose an organization to work with. (Be sure to check out ORU’s partner organizations in Tulsa here).
2. Before you go download and print the “Service Hours Assessment Form” at the bottom of this page
3. Take the form to your outreach with you! Your supervisor at the organization you volunteer with needs to sign it and assess you before you leave.
4. Turn in your completed form to your professor
5. Fill out the online Documentation of Service Hours Form here
*All hours must be submitted by December 1st for the Fall semester and April 19th in the Spring semester*
The Service Hours Assessment Form must be filled out if you are participating with an organization outside of the ORU's Weekly Outreaches. You will give the completed form directly to your professor.